Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2021
UK universities are under increasing pressure to raise the visibility and impact of their research outputs, nationally and globally, and produce compelling impact case studies that demonstrate this for the REF 2021.
For Higher Education Institutions (HEIs), this can be a heavy burden. This process is complex and time-consuming, and places additional pressure on busy teams.
Working for many years with HEIs, like Jesus College, Oxford, the Open University and the University of Southampton, Thwaites Communications is an experienced communications and marketing agency that really understands the challenges HEIs face. We act as trusted advisors, combining measured counsel with a collaborative approach to working with HEI teams.
Thwaites Communications supports HEI communications and research teams with any stage of their REF 2021 strategy or delivery (or we can deliver the entire project). This includes:
- Communications plans for research outputs that fit within existing strategies;
- Stakeholder mapping and securing the desired support;
- Prioritisation of research outputs for external communications;
- Media engagement that generates advocacy and impacts;
- Data-driven monitoring and evaluation of how other universities generate impacts;
- Generation of commercial, social, cultural, political and media relationships and activities that boost the visibility and impact of research beyond academia;
- Sourcing the data and other evidence needed for REF and writing impact case studies.
We also provide a range of other communications and marketing activities designed to raise the profile of HEIs and their research in the UK and globally.